Monday, January 15, 2007

Welcome!


Dear all,

Welcome to the incredible world of blogging where you can voice your thoughts, opinions and feelings.

We'll take you into this journey of experiments and discoveries. The possibilities are only limited by your fertile imagination.

Carla, Erika, Gladys, María Claudia and Silvana
The Blogging Team
Blogging for Beginners
EVO 2007

30 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

Dear Carlerika, Claudia and Silvana,

I am planning to take BaW again but I would love to join your class as well! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody,
I plan to conduct a study to test the effect of blogging in developing students' accuracy in writing, their fluency , or both.Those of you who have had an experience with implementing blogging in the learning environments, please enlighten me with you comments and views.
Regrds,
E

Anonymous said...

Hello to Carla, Erika, Gladys, María Claudia, Silvana, and others who will be part of the blogging online seminar.

I'm really glad to be part of this project and am greatly looking forward to all we can learn from each other. Judging from the number of participants (and from the names among the group that I already know), my expectations are high!

Best wishes to all—

Dennis in Phoenix

Dennis said...

Carla:

I just read through all the moderator profiles and was disappointed not to see "International Exchange" among your blogs.

Best wishes—

Dennis

Anonymous said...

Hello moderators and participants of B4B! I'm really looking forward to getting started and working with you all throughout the duration of this workshop. In the process, I hope to learn many things about blogging in general and how to blog effectively with EFL students!

testecarla said...

Dear all,

I´m glad to see that you are ready to start and eager to learn more about blogging! I´m all excited about this chance to share some of the things we´ve been doing with blogging, although there´s no expert here, just curious educators who want to provide their students with all the possibilities for better learning and real communication.

Dear Dennis, I´ve been doing so many things lately that I can´t believe our International Exchange Blog is not there, for it is certainly one of my best blogging experiences!!!

See you all soon.

Beijos,
Carla

Anonymous said...

Oí, Carlinha.

I should've realized that it simply slipped your mind to include "An International Exchange" in your blog list. Certainly you've had plenty on your mind recently, what with getting ready for your move! Moving is always a challenge, but it's especially challenging to move during a holiday season!

The International Exchange Blog has been one of my very best online experiences, and the best part of being involved with the blog has been getting to know you!

Abraços!

Dennis

Saša said...

Dear Carla, Erika, Gladys, Maria Claudia , Silvana, Denis, Nina, and others,
I look forward to our blogging adventure and am happy to see so many friends from Baw 06.
Hugs from Slovenia

Berta said...

Dear Gladys, Carla, María Claudia, Erika and Silvana:
All session materials look fantastic! Congratulations on another well-thought and prepared online learning experience. You are true assets to the world ESL/EFL community.
Cariños, Berta

David Gutierrez said...

Dear Blog Team:
I'm eager to get into this new world of blogging. Even though I can't make head nor tail of it, I truly hope that by the end of this session we'll be able 2 do the most of blogs!
With kind regards,
David

Isabel Teixeira said...

Thanks for sharing , girls! Looking foward to learning a lot from you! And how people say" break a leg "

Ana Maria said...

Hello to everyone:
I'm eager to start learning about this interesting tool. I appreciate the moderators' work and thank them for sharing their knowledge with us.

Ana Maria

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to learn from all of you about blogs.

Anonymous said...

In commentary on Andy Carvin's PBS post, What Exactly is a Blog, Anyway; Tom Daccord asserts, "The biggest challenge for teachers is not lea[r]ning blogging technology; it is figuring out where blogging fits into their curriculum objectives" (http://www.pbs.org/teachersource/learning.now/2006/05/what_exactly_is_a_blog_anyway.html#comment-1003). Tom follows that assertion with a number of suggestions that I hope to take to heart.

Daniela said...

Interesting pieces of writing about blogs and blogging... Need time to dive in and enjoy...

Nina Lyulkun said...

Dear Gladys, Carla, Erika, Maria Claudia, Silvana, Denis, Nina, and others friends, colleagues,

It's a great pleasure to be part of this community! Thank you very much for the great job you've been doing. I do too hope to learn much about blogging with all of you.
I feel lost a bit flying around the ocean of new materials reading, learning and enjoying all you've created. I really bow you thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,

I have a class blog that I painstakingly set up using wordpress. I'm starting to get the hang of it now but I don't know how to add all those cool maps and widgets. I also don't know how to archive past posts and comments.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making this blog workshop available online. I can't even imagine all the work this has taken and will continue to take for the team. I am looking forward to learning a lot!

Anonymous said...

Evening, All!

I have a little experience with blogging through my Alumni Website. It is, however, as I have read the syllabus, not half as extensive as this! I love a challenge.

I look forward to the discussions on blogging in curriculum. I think it is an excellent tool...just need to figure out how to do it.

Many thanks to the Team for all they have already done for us.

Peace and Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Dear Moderators and Participants!
Congratulations! We've started! This is my first comment to a blog! Hey, I'm a blogger! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
Very nice to in this workshop with you. I am moving ahead with the tasks of week 1 and really having a blast. The group blog looks fantastic. Fantastic job of moderatiors in welcoming all of us and designing such challeging tasks.
Hugs
Jose

Juanlusz said...

Hello everybody, how are you? I`m glad to be here. See you, hear you, read you soon, ok? Bye

Anonymous said...

Hi, everyone!
Feels great to be here! Thank you, B4B team, for all the hard work you have put in preparing this learning experience for us! Better get moving on with the tasks for week 1! See you!

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody!
Congratulations to the moderators for such a fantastic job in organizing this workshop.
I had a lot of fun completing the crossword on blog jargon and downloaded the Eclipse free software. I had to do my tasks on weekends because weekdays are hectic at the university: we are starting the term on January 22nd.
Well, now I have to make up my mind
about the type of blog and the title....
Saludos desde Bogotá para todos :-))

Margaret O'Neill said...

H Everybody

I have enjoyed reading the posts but I think I am way behind. I read the posted reading but seem to have missed some things. I am going to have to get busy and catch up.

testecarla said...

Dear B4Bers,

I can feel all your excitement and anticipation! We are thrilled to have so many educators eager to take a step ahead and dive in the blogosphere in order to enhance students' learning and motivation in the language classroom. There are questions and doubts here that will be deal with soon. So take your time and enjoy this blogging experience!

beijos,

Carla

Chris said...

Glad to be joining in for the 2nd week of this session. There's already so much going on!

Anonymous said...

Dear all,
Greetings from sunny Mar del Plata. We teachers are on holiday here in Argentina but I´ve started to skip the beach in the morning to dive into the world of blogging with you.

Cheers,

Monika

Anonymous said...

Dear friends: what a marvelous surprise I had yesterday. Last year I had created some blogs but I had lost contact with them because my compu got out of order.
But yesterday when I tried to open a new account for tasks week two, I found all my blogs. Carla told me how to upload a photo here, but my photos don´t have url. When I click propiedades it says document and settings. But I´m sure I´m going to find the way.A tight hug from Venezuela. Horacio (racebis-carbesi)

Pat Maceda said...

Hi, everybody! This is my first contribution since I was on holidays. I've been reading the article but haven't been able to finish since it is a bit too long and has a lot of info. I need more time to process all. However, I can say that I have worked with Blogger.com and I've found it quite friendly and useful. The other one which seems to be quite interesting is Yahoo 360. Yet, I wonder if it is possible to have two identitites, I mean one in blogger and another in yahoo and have them linked. What I mean is I would like to get a list of all my blogs regardless of the fact that they belong to blogger or to yahoo. I'll go on reading and thinking about it. Regards
Pat