As we get to the end of our workshop, it's time for us all to start thinking about why, when and how each of us is going to apply what we've learned together. Yes, we are tired, and busy, but that's no reason to stop giving this final step and crown all our efforts!The BIG QUESTION is: What kind of blog would you like to keep during 2007? A private blog, to keep looking for your own online voice? A class blog, to enhance communication with your learners? Perhaps a filter blog, where you discuss links related to your new research project? ... You've probably heard good planning is essential for successful implementation of any idea, and that's why we are encouraging you to do your best to carefully draft your new blogging project (visit our wiki for details).
The next step is to share your plan with the other workshop participants, and collaborating with one another giving constructive feedback. Once you're satisfied with your blogging project plan, we invite you to post it as a comment to this entry...
In this way, we'll all be able to keep these "New-(EVO)Year Resolutions" together, and coming back here later, hopefully remind ourselves of our "promises" and keep them better ;-)
Think of blogs as flowers... For six weeks, we've been working together, exploring our gardens, nurturing the soil, comparing seeds, studying what each possibility would imply ... It's time to plant! How many new gardens will blossom after this workshop? You decide!The Blogging Team
13 comments:
This feels like a 1rt January good wish for the year...well actually, 2007 for me has a double purpose: until september I will stay with my
inoutandaway.blogspot.com
because I will still be on "maternity leave" so my students are still abstract and I am trying to figure out how it would work best. I wish to add a postcast archive well organize, get in hot potatoes and add some activities and and art gallery (from my kids of course) and keep exploring other blogs to link.
In September I will get my groups, the ages and I will see if I would like to keep a blog for all of them, probably that is my idea a collaborative work where the older tell stories to the younger and the younger get the pictures for stories and things like that...
But I will definitely be around next year and inoutandaway.blogspot.com will still be there as test place for any innovations.
Oh I am not cheering at all, I am terribly busy but I think I am going to miss this hundreds of mails and the never ending input, and the people most of all.
Thanks! see you soon
Dear all,
I love the idea of planning a blog and I will certainly encourage other teachers to do the same. However, I still have to think carefully about the project, as it may suit different needs and I teach a range of classes.
The workshop is very exciting.
All the best,
Ana María
Sorry, the link in my previous comment was buggy, and there was no way to repair it. Here is the URL for a "Draft Blog Plan for B4B Review":
http://pabspotpourri.blogspot.com/2007/02/draft-blog-plan-for-b4b-review.html
I welcome reviewers' suggestions in comments there.
Cheers, Paul
I learned a lot during this course. At the beginning I didn't know what a blog was. Now I have two blogs, one in English and the other in Spanish. Thank you very much to all the moderators for their help.
http://barbaratp.blogspot.com
http://noticiasargentinas2007.blogspot.com
Barbi
My plans, since this is my very first experience, is to keep my blog going and use it as a way to connect to those who have asked me about various aspects of spirituality, contemplative education, critical literacy, and social justice.
I don't have my own class at the moment, but I do want to keep working with it so that I can me as proficient as all of you.
If I do a workshop or when I present at conferences, I will give my blog page as a link for those interested in my work to visit.
So, that's it. Thank you sooooo much for open this door into cyberspace for me. It has been very rewarding.
Peace, Love and Blessings, Linda
Blog Name: English140 (it's the name of the course)
Blog Host: Blogger
Blog Safety: Word verification
Owner: Veronica Baig
Administrator: Veronica Baig
When will the blog be kept active? starting March 1st and ongoing.
Topic: The English 140 Grammar course. There will be an introduction and welcome, a grammar question of the week, a post asking students to provide some background on themselves and an e-mail link (a forum for these students who have never previously had any contact with each other), and posts and links for various course assignments so that there a list of Q and As will develop.
Who will post? I and the students
Where will authors post from? their own home or office
How often will authors post? I will post a new grammar question each week, and I will respond to student posts/questions except those in the "student forum". Students can post when they want to.
Why will authors post? They want to connect with other students, they have a question that they think will help others as well as themselves, they want to try their hand at the the Grammar Question of the Week.
Evaluation: No evaluation--not all of my students are online, so I cannot make it compulsory unless I have an alternative "assignment" for those not online. If the response to the blog is poor, I might try that option.
Target audience: I will be writing for my students; they will be writing for themselves.
Advertising: I will e-mail the blog link to new students as they start the course.
Widgets: None planned as yet, but maybe a dictionary.
My plan is to work kind of simultaneously on 3 blogs. The first is part a my master's project(http://manyreviews.blogspot.com) and it focuses on film reviews. The second is going to be a blog to keep track of the project itself(http://maisimpressoesdigitais.blospot.com) and it is mostly me as a blogger. Later in the year, my idea is to get my private students to work on a "community blog", not as a class assignment, but for extra practice. Let's see how that goes...
As I have said in our group discussions at YG, it is amazing how many things I learnt in such a short time. I hope to keep in touch with the people in this wonderful group and go on learning.
Well, my blogs... I will keep working on Growing up (http:/nora-growingup.blogspot.com), where I test different things, and I do hope to be able to cope with my class blog project. For the time being I only have the one in which I will be the only one to post
(http:/nora-facilitatinglearning.blogspot.com) .But the idea is to have a class blog for each group.
Hope not to disappoint my blog reader.
Love,
Nora.
After several weeks of not being able to keep up with the group, I have posted my blog project (really a description of my current project) and commented on two others' projects. I just want to say that I have enjoyed meeting you all; I apologize for disappearing; and I hope to spend time in the near future following up on the threads, discussions, synchronous sessions, and projects I missed. Thanks to our wonderful group of moderators for planning and implementing a really great course!
I haven't decided on the kind of blog yet, but I will keep on working and I will let you all know...
Daniela
Hello again after two weeks ( I think) I am sorry I've been silent for some time but I've had lots of work to do. However, I have also managed to improve on my blogging skills. Now I am working on a travel log, whose link is:
http://traveltoyourinnerself.blogspot.com
Then, I am also thinking about one with my paintings, but for that I am still finding out about copyright and all that.
And my school year hasn't started yet, but I am also collaborating in three other blogs with other collegues. As regards my lessons, I may try something as a kind of portfolio, I still don't know, one for the group or one per student. Yet, I think I'll decide when I know the groups.
Thank you all for your support and your comments in my blog. I've really learned a lot.
Greetings,
Pat
Hi, everyone.
I plan to expand on my 'Scuze me? blog soon. I haven't done so thus far partially because of time, but more importantly because I want to "build" it with a plan--an overall framework for proceeding from post to post--in mind. Planning for future installments is essential because I began with comments on two unrelated types of "relaxed pronunciation" elements: one represented by * gonna and * wanna, another represented by * coulda, * woulda, and similar expressions.
'Scuze me? is intended for both teachers and students. Its purpose is to enhance familiarity with "reduced" or "weak" forms heard in informal American English speech; focus on these elements is, in my opinion, an important and useful way for learners of English to strengthen their aural comprehension skills.
There is no assessment or evaluation intended for 'Scuze me? because it is not intended to be used by a particular class.
I welcome comments and will continue to add comments to blogs begun by others in B4B.
Best wishes to all!
Dennis from Phoenix
Post a Comment